Properly optimising your website (called on-page SEO) can make a world of difference in how much traffic it receives. When your site is optimised correctly, it will appear toward the top of the search results for keywords that are closely related to its content. This can bring in a lot of traffic without the need to advertise. The following guide to SEO best practices for 2018 and beyond from a local SEO expert should give you some great ideas that you can implement now to start seeing results right away. Check out this Facebook page for more information.
1. Design your site for mobile traffic. The number of people using mobile devices to access the Internet is increasing faster than ever. At this point, if your site is not mobile-friendly, it only won’t stand a chance of being listed well in the search results. All of the major search engines are very focused on featuring sites that cater to mobile users. Make sure that your site incorporates responsive design so that it will display the way it was intended to on any screen size.
2. Embed media into your content. Make your content interesting by adding photos, videos, and other types of media. Just make sure that all of the other media that you add loads quickly. Search engines like to see well-rounded content that provides an excellent user experience.
3. Be proactive about social media. Set up social media profiles on all of the major social networks for your business. After they are set up, be sure to use them. Do everything you can to grow your following. So-called social signals are a major ranking factor in 2016. An active social media presence can help get your site listed much better in the search results.
4. Make sure your pages load quickly. If there is too much of a delay when your
page begins loading, it won’t reach the top of the search results. Again, search engines are all about providing an excellent user experience. They don’t want to list sites for their users that take forever to load. Test your site using one of the many free online tools to see how quickly it loads. If it is too slow, find ways to optimize your content so that it appears much more rapidly
when someone visits your page.
5. Create compelling content. These days, it is practically impossible to get your site listed well unless it has top-quality content. Because search engines are so focused on making sure that users are satisfied with the results, they favor sites that are informative and useful. Don’t try to scam the system by throwing up spammy content and hoping it gets listed. Instead, try to provide real value to the people who visit your site. You will be rewarded with more search engine traffic.
Hopefully, this look at SEO best practices for 2018 and beyond gives you some ideas on how you can improve your site. It is well worth taking the time to optimize your site for the search engines. By doing so, you can get a lot of highly-targeted traffic for free.